One of the most popular arbitration weeks in the world, Istanbul Arbitration Week, is due to kick off at Mandarin Oriental Bosphorus on 2-6 October. This event attracts the world’s leading CEOs, CFOs, GCs, lawyers and experts. This year, the event will start with the Republic of Türkiye Centennial Drinks Party to celebrate the Republic of Turkiye’s 100th anniversary.
The panels will be held on 3-5 October. Some of the speakers include:
- Camille VASQUEZ, Partner, Brown Rudnick
- Ayse YAZIR, Global Head of Origination, Bench Walk Advisors
- Can YEĞİNSU, Barrister and Arbitrator, 3 Verulam Buildings
- Prof. Dr. Nilüfer ORAL, the UN International Law Commission
- Dr. Crina BALTAG, Associate Professor in International Arbitration, Stockholm University
- Osman ŞAFAK, Vice President at Legal and Compliance Department, Turkish Airlines
- Selin BARLIN ARAL, Chief Legal and People Officer, Getir
- Christiane DENIGER, Senior Vice President, Burford Capital
- Rekha RANGACHARI, Executive Director, New York International Arbitration Center (NYIAC)
- Meg KINNEAR, Secretary General, International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID)
- Jacomijn VAN HAERSOLTE-VAN HOF, General Director, London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA)
- Viren MASCARENHAS, Partner, Milbank
and many more leading individuals!
The ISTAW Committee described what is going to make this year’s event great, stating:
“Istanbul is an excellent hub for arbitration. It is furnished with young talent, leading global companies, and reputable arbitration centres such as EDAC, ISTAC and ITOTAM. ISTAW’s distinguishing feature is that it brings lawyers to their potential clients. We organised panels in a way that nearly all panels have at least a leading CFO, CEO or GC so that the lawyers could meet their potential clients. Plus, the event is free for in-house lawyers, and we have a GC boat tour for all in-house lawyers and sponsors. We had 200 in-house lawyers last year and expect more this year. Women leaders who are sure to inspire the audience are included in our panelists, as well as the general secretaries for the leading arbitration centres, such as the LCIA and ICSID. We organised amazing networking opportunities and secured one of the best restaurants in Bosporus for the closing cocktail reception. Istanbul is coming! Are you ready?”
Christiane Deniger of Burford Capital stated:
“Given Burford’s stellar enforcement team and breadth of experience in treaty arbitration, we look forward to a lively and interesting discussion on the Enforcement of Arbitral Awards: Challenges and Opportunities with our stellar panel during Istanbul Arbitration Week.”
Mohsin Patel of Factor Risk Management stated:
“Litigation finance and insurance play a critical role in the investor-state disputes space. As a leading litigation finance and insurance broker, Factor Risk Management looks forward to sharing its thoughts on a panel with esteemed industry peers on the Evolution of Investment Disputes at Istanbul Arbitration Week.”
Organising Committee Member Ayse Yazir of Bench Walk Advisors stated:
“Funding and insurance are now the key players of arbitration and we are very happy to have Burford Capital and Factor Risk Management as representatives.”
You can register HERE.